Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cheaters


As you can see I have a poll that is asking why do you think people cheat. I don't have the answer. I have prided myself on not cheating on any of my boyfriends (except for one that I am going to fess up to in just a few minutes). My philosophy is that when you are with someone and both people believe that it is a monogamous relationship there should be no stepping out of bounds. If there is a problem like no sex at home, you're bored with your partner, or whatever reason, I believe that as adults we should sit down and discuss the matter. I guess I just believe differently than most. I have been cheated on in 80% of my relationships. It's not a good feeling to be cheated on, especially when you are fully committed and your mate is not. It's better for me to just break up with someone, and even divorce them, before I cheat on them. I am a communicator. When I'm happy you will know it. Likewise, when I am unhappy you will know that too. I will give you ample opportunity to fix or change the situation. If things don't change, then it should be no surprise to you that I am going to have to end the relationship. Relationships are difficult enough and when you throw extracurricular activities in the mix, it can be a real mess. Unfortunately, everyone is not a communicator. Some would rather just keep quiet and do what makes them happy instead of trying to find a happy medium with their mate or leave.

Surprisingly, I am finding that women are cheating much more these days. Women that I would never suspect, married with kids, are coming out to play now. So boys, its not just for you anymore. I guess these women are getting tired of your antics and are goose/gandering you. I don't know anymore. I guess that's why its hard for me to take a man seriously. I don't know if he has a girlfriend/wife, 15 kids, or even A BOYFRIEND. It's like a game and you don't know the rules, so how can you play. That's why when my family tries to set me up on dates, I just turn them down. Like I said in a previous post, the older I get, the more I stop believing in the whole concept of "falling in love" with someone. I guess I can care deeply for them, lust for them. But I just don't think I have it in me to give my all to someone who can just turn their back on me and break our trust bond with another woman or women.

Now the story of my one time cheating. It was my college boyfriend, the one who changed my mind about sex, the one that I had learned to be open and honest with, the one I gave my all to. I started to feel that he was messing around with some other girls on campus. A woman's intuition is no joke. He was in fact messing with women from other colleges and one of my best friends at the time. I confronted him about the other women but he denied it (duh!). I told him that if he wants to see other people we should just break up. He said that wasn't the case and that I was studying too hard and it was making me crazy...whatever! But one day I caught him with my friend in a compromising situation. My first instinct was to kick some ass and then ask questions. I just looked at her, and she knew that she should flee the premises at once. There was nothing he could say to make me believe that I didn't just see what I had seen. I was young and in love and eventually forgave him but I didn't fully trust him. That was a problem. I continued to feel like he was still cheating.

One day one of his best friends came to me and asked if we could talk. He proceeded to tell me some of the extracurricular activities that he had witnessed. He told me that he liked me and thought it was wrong the way I was being treated. I took that information and thank his friend knowing full well that he was telling me this because he wanted to see if I would sleep with him. After hearing this news, I was infuriated and my 'evil twin' came out. She doesn't get out much, because she's an extremely mean bitch and its best that she stay safely tucked away. I went to my boyfriend's house and just started speaking hypothetically...how would you feel if I slept with another man? And what if that man was one of your best friends? He started to get pissed. I hadn't done it yet, but he knew he had been doing stuff. I just looked at him and smiled and then told him I was only thinking those things. Yes, SuperBitch was in full effect.

I was so hurt that he had cheated on me and continued to lie about it. So in true SuperBitch fashion I called his best friend and told him to meet me at my house in a couple of days. I wanted to make sure that my roommates were gonna be home to witness everything. One of them had a big mouth and I knew she would spread the news across campus faster than a wildfire. Just as planned he showed up a couple of nights later, with some wine and flowers (on a college students budget no less). I got some wine glasses and the bottle opener from the kitchen and took the wine, flowers, and man into my bedroom. He was the third man I had slept with. It was fantastic. After it was over I didn't even feel guilty. In fact, I made plans for him to come over again that weekend.

What was I doing??? I loved my boyfriend but he was just a cheating asshole who was making me wanna do the same thing. Like I said, I didn't feel guilty. I felt liberated, justified in my actions. But I am not a good liar and I was hoping that he wouldn't ask me who I had slept with because I didn't want any shit with he and his friend. He never asked me who it was, but he knew that someone else had been where he used to be. We eventually broke up, because he was going to keep cheating no matter what and I knew I deserved better than that. So there you are, the story of my one time cheating experience. I know Glam is gonna have some questions about this because she knows nothing about it...rotflmao...

No comments: