Sunday, October 26, 2008

When John Met Tom


Okay so I'm on one this evening...I'm gonna do my first political post. Nothing major, just my nerdy side coming out to play...lol. I'm so excited that the end of this Bush thing is almost here, but so nervous about the aftermath of his term. The new president will have so much "house cleaning" to do, he will need the entire fleet of Molly Maids.

I love Tom Brokaw ***swooning***...I have a pepaw crush on him...He's so hot! This morning on Meet The Press he was joined by none other than John McCain. There were carefully chosen sound bites and polls that McCain clearly didn't want to discuss. I kinda felt sorry for the old man. He was flustered, blinking excessively, and I really felt so sorry for that marker he was holding, taking out his frustrations on that poor writing instrument...smh.

McCain hates when the sound bites are played because he knows there's really no way to backtrack on what he has previously said. He doesn't want to hear the poll results because its like the writing on the wall that no one wants to acknowledge, let alone read. He only wants to try the scare tactic that Obama will raise your taxes. I swear that was his answer to just about every question...it's sickening. No, Mr. McCain, YOU would be the one to continue to raise my taxes. We are already living a nightmare and the people know that with you in office, there may be no end in sight.

"I don't defend her, I don't have to defend her. I praise her", says McCain of Palin...lmao...then he goes into the spiel about her "qualifications". Spare me...then Tom (get him Tiger...grrrr) hit him with the spending spree ($150,000) at Needless Markup (Neiman Marcus, I love to shop there too, but can't anymore...damnit!). He starts explaining and then stops himself and says "it sounds like I'm defending her, but I'm not"...rotflmao. Yes, Mr. McCain...should you happen to win this election (God help us...please don't let this happen) you will spend a good portion of your term "defending" your VP.

I was speaking with one of my friends who is a proud, card-carrying republican. He has confessed that he wants Obama to win. He said he's about ready to turn in his republican card. We have some pretty interesting conversations. I can't wait to talk to him about this mornings MTP. I have been extending an invitation to him to come on over to the Light...lol. I've asked him what he thinks of "his" president...he won't answer. My dear friend, I often ask, why wont you answer me? Has Bushy really screwed it up that bad for you too? Has he embarrassed you too with his mockery of the highest office of the land? Ooooh, have you become financially unstable since his time in office? I'm still waiting for the answers ***looking at my watch***...


I probably wont post any more election stuff until after Wednesday because I gotta check out what Obama has to say that night...

1 comment:

BronxStateOfMind said...

I honestly believe McLovin' will turn to dust if he wins and touches that bible when he's sworn into office....

BronxStateOfMind
bronxstateofmind.blogspot.com